Dr. Shapira Haim
Jewish Law, Jewish history, Jurisprudence
- "The Civil Courts of the State of Israel in Light of Jewish Law", Zionist Halacha (editor: Yedidia Stern), The Israel Democracy Institute (forthcoming) 30 pp. [Hebrew]
- "Majority Rule in Jewish Law and Jewish Political Tradition", in: The Historical Foundations of Israeli Democracy", Editors: M. Lisak and A. Gal (forthcoming). [Hebrew version]
- Maimonides Igeret Hashmad: Hartman-Soloveitchic debate in light of Legal Philosophy, in Renewing Jewish Comitment 345-373 (A. Sagi & Z. Zohar eds., 2001). (with Yair Lorberbaum).
- "The House of Study- Term and Institution", in Proceeding of the Twelfth World Congress of Jewish Studies B (Jewish History) 45 (Jerusalem, 2000).
"Majority Rule in Jewish Law and Jewish Political Tradition", Hebrew Union College Annual (forthcoming)
'For the Judgment is God's' - on the Metaphysics of Judging", 26 Bar-Ilan Law Studies (2010) [Hebrew]. 35 pp.
- "The Court in Yavne: Status, Functions and Authority", in Judge and Judicial Procedure , Bar-Ilan University, 2007.
- About The Patriarch And His Dynasty, 70 Zion 103 (2005).
- Between Literature And History, 66 Zion 371 (2001).
- H. Shapira & M. Fisch, Pulmusei Habatim- The Meta-Halachic Controversy Between the House of Shamai and the House of Hillel, 22 Tel-Aviv U. L. R. 461 (1999).
- The Deposition of Raban Gamliel II: Between Legend and Historiography, 64 Zion 5 (1999).
" The Talmudic Debate over Compromise and the Goals of Judicial Process" 26 Dinei Israel 2010 (English Section) 40 pp.
Maimonides' Epistle on Martyrdom in light of Legal Philosophy , Dinei Israel (English Section) 2008.
- The Schools of Shamai and Hillel, 17 Jewish Law Annual, 2007.
- The Law of the Pursuer and the Source of Self-defense in Jewish Law, Jewish Law Association, Boston volume, 2007.
The Jewish Political Tradition IV: Politics in History, Yale University Press [Coeditor with M. Walzer, M. Lorberbaum, N. Sohar]
Work in progress
- IV The Jewish Political Tradition: Politics in History (Yale University Press).
2001 Ph.D Jewish studies, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
1997 LL.M. Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
1994 LL.B. Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
1985 M.A. Jewish History, Hebrew University.
1983 B.A. Jewish History and Talmud, Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
VISITS IN ACADEMIC INSTITUTES ABROAD:
2005-2006 Research Fellow in the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, USA.
2006 Teaching in the European Institute for Jewish Studies in Sweden (Lund University).
2004 Teaching in the European Institute for Jewish Studies in Sweden (Lund University).
Jewish Law, Jurisprudence.
ACADEMIC JOURNALS EDITING:
Editor: The Journal of Law, Religion and State, Martinus Nijhof Publishing Co.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
2008 Pinhas Riklis Foundation Award for Excellent research in Jewish Studies.
1999-2003 Research Scholarships on Behalf of the Shalom Hartman Institute for Advance Jewish Studies, Jerusalem.
1998 Shopf Fund on behalf of the president of Bar-Ilan University.
1996 An Excellency Scholarship for Research Students on Behalf of the Institute for Jewish Studies of the Hebrew University.
1990 Liberson Prize for excellence in Jewish Studies (Hebrew University).
99-003-01 Formalism and Values in Jewish Law
99-111-01 Introduction to Jewish Law
99-569-01 Jewish Jurisprudence in the Talmudic Period
99-835-01 Jewish Democratic State